Wednesday, January 28, 2009

After the wedding . . .

Yes, this post is about babies (namely, mine) and no, it's not what you think (wink, wink) . . .

Rather this post is really about how the formality (or not) of planning a wedding can change you, and what aspects you carry on with you forever. For some, it inpires an obsession with letterpessed stationary for all correspondance in life. For others, it could mean printed invitations for every possible get together. Still others, it may mean place cards, menus and folded napkins at all holidays and family functions. And finally others may be ready to throw the towel in on all this hoopla and be happy just to hang out with beer and pizza (my husband).

While I love my stationary, do obsess over letterpess (I mean, how can you not?), for me the one thing that stuck with me most was professional photography - probably because I can't even hold my camera straight. And while I didn't get a formal album for my own wedding, it was important to me to document my pregnancy and the first year of my son in such a fashion. And I must say, I am so glad I did as the majority of the photos I have taken are either 1) not that good or 2) still reside in the camera.

I met Jane Shauck of Iris Photography at a wedding we worked back in December 2006 and after running into her again in West Hartford where we both live, I knew she was someone I would be totally comfortable with for both maternity and family shoots. I'll spare everyone the photos of me preggo in a bikini, but in the meantime, here are some shots she has taken of Landon over the past year at two weeks, 5 months and one year, respectively:




As Landon changes day by day, I am so grateful to have such amazing and real photos of him at these points in time. We can't thank you enough!
xoxo,
Lindsay

5 comments: